The International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP)
Our IB Middle Years Programme (for ages 11 – 16) gives students a holistic and individualized education that prepares them for the prestigious IB Diploma Programme. With a rigorous and inspiring curriculum that strengthens minds and opens hearts, our students embark on an academic journey that leads to the realization of their full potential.
What is the MYP?
The Middle Years Programme opens doors to the world so students acquire an education with a global context. Students build a strong intellectual foundation that encompasses an array of subjects and helps them understand the world and their place in it.
From foreign languages and art to science and mathematics, our MYP stimulates students’ minds by opening their eyes to the beautiful complexity of the world.
Our MYP provides:
- Comprehensive education with proven results of that strengthening students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being
- Expert staff of educators trained in individualized learning
- Opportunities to explore eight subjects in-depth
- Study of two foreign languages to enhance intercultural understanding
- Community-oriented projects and learning opportunities outside of the classroom
What is the MYP Curriculum?
The IB approach during the MYP involves investigating the why and the how of subjects, rather than simply memorizing facts and figures. By understanding the mechanics of their subject matter, students gain a deeper understanding of the material.
This program focuses attention on:
- Conceptual understanding
- Teaching and learning in context
- Service as action (community service)
- Language and identity
- Learning about diversity and inclusion
During the first three years, the MYP consists of eight subject groups:
- Language Acquisition
- Language and Literature
- Individuals and Societies
- Physical and Health Education
In years 4 and 5, students narrow their focus on six subject areas of their choosing to further explore their individual interests.
How do students benefit from the MYP?
The MYP prepares students for admission to the two-year IB Diploma Programme, which is the capstone of an IB education. The IB Diploma Programme is among the most respected high school programs and students are highly sought-after by top universities:
- IB students get into Ivy League universities at an 18 percent higher rate than their peers with traditional high school diplomas
- Among the top 15 universities in the United States, the IB Diploma acceptance rate is 22 percent higher than traditional diplomas
- Many universities, including Ivy League schools like Columbia University and top public colleges like the University of California, award college credit based on IB exam scores
For more information on the MYP at Endeavor International School, schedule a tour with our staff to learn how our program will benefit your child.
Please note: Endeavor International School is a candidate school for the MYP. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy – a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education – that we believe is important for our students.
Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!